Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Purpose

So this is the fulfillment of a request made by my Aunt Mary. At my graduation party, she impressed upon me that she would like to be able to keep up with my life through my eyes--how I live it. We tell people about our days in such a fashion that it becomes very mechanical. "I did this, and this and this." "This person pissed me off today." "The weather was better today." Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Aunt Mary, I apologize that this has taken so long to come about, but I really wanted to find an angle. Honestly, I live my life twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. The things I do on a daily basis do not seem interesting to me, even though they may seem exciting to the standards of others (by simple virtue of the city I live in).

My angle, therefor, is my own quest for self-fulfillment and the pursuit of happiness (America, fuck yeah!). I already live a pretty healthy lifestyle, but I want to continue down that path and possibly improve. I want to share pictures. I want to do crafts. I want to take classes. I want to share music. I want to pay things forward. I want to be happier. I want to be smarter. Most of all, I want to share all this with you.

Please, join me on my journey. Let me know what you think.

Live life and be merry!

1 comment:

  1. Kirstin ~ I love you so much! I am looking forward to following you long distance. Thank you SO much for the day-in, day-out experiences of your life (they may SEEM uninteresting to you ~ I assure you, not to me!) Happy blogging and remember this ~

    "A happy life is just a string of happy moments. But most people don't allow the happy moment, because they're so busy trying to get a happy life."

    ReplyDelete